Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Jar thats Hell, like keenan and kell

hold on one minute, i just threw up in my mouth from reading this book. brb

alright im goodie.

how can you read a book with pleasure that describes ones thoughts about suicide? Even though Esther was an interesting character, her thoughts about suicide were really disturbing and in my opinion uncalled for. I guess the death of her dad, her job, or just her insecurity could have provoked those thoughts but I didn't really see they were necessary. In the beginning she didn't really have much thought about suicide, but as the book progressed her thoughts about it became so apparent that she even attempted to drown herself while at the beach. That's where I got a little confused because I didn't really see a breaking point where she would begin to be so depressed as to try to drown herself. Anyone have any answers?? Let me know.

I did enjoy the ending of the book though. Esther ends up not killing herself but instead it is her friend Joan that ends up doing so. The death of Joan symbolizes the end of Esther suicidal thoughts. Esther explains that she think she might relapse (have suicidal thoughts again) but the book ends with her walking back to the hospital, so the question of whether she relapsed or not is up for debate. I like to think that she doesn't but thats cause Esther is my girl, HEY GIRL HEY.

ight im outie, peace. Esther + Holden = Love (ima future matchmaker)
I LOVE ORANGEEE SODAA, I DOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO

(link to suicide website: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/suicide-in-the-us-statistics-and-prevention/index.shtml)

No comments:

Post a Comment